Monday, September 17, 2012

What a weekend!

It all started Friday afternoon...

My van broke down, stranding my (very pregnant) wife and small son.  I left here at about 2:00 to get them, taking stuff to do over the weekend (sight word homework check, math sheet check, etc.).  Well...

I checked a bunch of things on Saturday amid the usual housework, weekly grocery shopping, helping my own kids with homework, etc.  Then, about 10:00 PM Saturday night...

Labor!  The kind that REALLY HURTS (according to my poor wife)!  By 3:00 AM Sunday, we were headed for the hospital to get our baby - two weeks earlier than planned!  The baby was born at 5:31 AM, and then the day really got crazy!  Back and forth to the hospital with siblings, and a birthday party for my now four-year-old (yes, he got a baby sister for his birthday).  Needless to say, I still have a HUGE stack of stuff to go through!

Your child's papers, etc., will be gone through and checked throughout this week as we are moving mom and baby home from the hospital and working to stabilize life.  I have a daughter who attends Channing Hall, and I will be sending papers to Ms. Jennifer through her to go home in your child's file.  Thank you for your patience!

I will be at home helping out for the remainder of the week, and Ms. Jennifer will be subbing for the class.  Ms. Jennifer and I have discussed the centers, the math stations, and other things that the children need to do this week, and she has all the supplies ready to go.  We will be in touch throughout the week.  If any of you have a little time to come in and help her out, even if it is not a regular volunteer things but just a one-time deal, please feel free to do so.

Thanks for your patience!  Things should be back to normal in a few days.  I spoke with the kids today and let them know what was going on.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Mr. Matt and have a good week at home with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know when and if this will be seen by you or Ms. Jennifer, but congratulations!! And I will plan on being there to help all Wednesday the 19th. I'll let them know tomorrow mornin as well.

    ReplyDelete