Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Off we go!  The fourth term in upon us!  Nine more weeks to work with the kids, nine more weeks to read as Kindergarteners, nine more weeks to learn shoe-tying, coat zipping, or any other skills not mastered yet.  I can't believe the time has gone so fast!

I am excited to experience job reports this week!  These are always fun to see.  Please remember to use posters that are not too thick to hang up (maybe I'm too late with this reminder).  Here is the grading rubric once again:



The People in our Neighborhood
I was ready to present on time ___
I spoke clearly ___
I had visual aids or dressed up ___
I presented by myself ___
I showed knowledge of my job ___
I talked about the tools used in my chosen job ___
I presented at least three interesting facts about my job ___
I answered questions about my job ___
I kept within the required time (2½-3½ minutes) ___
I was a respectful listener as others presented ___

Each point is worth 10 points for a total of 100.
We will be going to the zoo on April 18th (Thursday) to kick off our last IB unit, How the World Works (Animal Parade).  We will need 5 chaperones from each class.  Please volunteer for this if you were not a chaperone on the farm trip AND you are familiar with the children in the class.  If you are chaperoning, no siblings please, you will need to focus on the five children assigned to you.

Let's really step up the reading for this last term and go out with a big bang!  Please be sure to do a MINIMUM of 20 minutes reading with yoru child each night.  By now, your child should read to you for at least 2 of those 20 minutes.  9 weeks left - we can still make a big difference!  Thank you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment